TAKING CARE OF YOUR COMPUTER - Cleaning Inside the Case

By: Roger D Moore

It is very important that you do this 5 step process to help keep your computer running as cool as possible, this will help to make it last longer.
This is one cause of computer failure, to much heat build up around components, what causes this is when dust and dirt build up it does not allow for free follow of air and this will not allow the air to move freely and dissipate the heat, the dust and dirt is no way a reflection on ones house keeping, I know that it makes you feel that way but the material comes from different things from carpets to clothing.
To do this you need to do these steps:
1. Be sure to turn off your computer
2. Unplug power cable
3. Either unscrew the screws in the back or just slide cover off
4. The best way to clean the inside is with a vacuum cleaner
5. What you do is suck out any fragments of dust you see
6. Be sure and clean around the power supply and fan
7. Be very careful that you do not do anything to knock any components lose
I have seen many computers slow down because of too dust build up in around components, what this does over time is causes heat build and then the components start breaking down causing replacement of power supply, memory and eventually having to replace the computer sooner than normal.
If you feel that you cannot or should not try to perform this seek out a qualified technician to do this!
I hope that this information is of help to you, this is just free information I picked up as I work on different computers to help make them run faster and more efficient in our every day usage.
I have been working with computers since 1971 when they used punch cards and one used a tape recorder and a monochrome TV screen, I know that I am dating myself.
I do this because I want to help people for free to be able to enjoy their computing experience all the while being trouble free as much as possible.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Roger_D_Moore

0 ulasan:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List